TriMet is seeking a Senior Analyst, Geospatial Systems!
The Senior Geospatial Systems Analyst (SGSA) is responsible for geospatial project delivery from start to finish. The SGSA elicits and documents business needs for geospatial systems and analyses, leads the consideration and evaluation of ways for meeting those needs, and develops estimates of costs, benefits, and risks of these projects.
Responsibilities also include serving as a project manager for projects relating to Geographic Information System technology and spatial data.
The SGSA provides expert-level services in programming and/or application development, spatial data processing, digital mapping, data management, and data collection. Duties may include mentoring and monitoring the work of GIS Analyst and GIS Technician classifications
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
Serve as a good steward of TriMet by regularly utilizing our transit system to maintain a strong and current understanding of customers’ experiences and of TriMet’s product and service offerings.
1. Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to identify alternative ways of meeting business needs for geospatial systems, data, and analyses. Consider existing business processes and technologies to identify a viable range of options for meeting business needs. Address both functional and non-functional considerations. Craft alternatives analyses that document and compare the feasibility, costs, risks, and benefits of various options.
2. Perform complex data analysis using computer software and relational databases; apply the capabilities of software and databases to solve complex spatial and relational problems.
3. Manage budget, resources, schedule, scope, and quality of M&LBS projects and assist the M&LBS Manager with overseeing the program as a whole.
4. Ensure that accurate and reliable location data are available for mission-critical IT systems. Design and implement data quality testing procedures as needed.
5. Develop, maintain and document automated processes using scripting languages and SQL.
6. Lead Geospatial Analysts by providing guidance and reviewing work. Oversee contractors and contract work.
7. Develop and maintain working relationships with external organizations and governmental agencies to ensure spatial data standardization, sharing, and maintenance.
8. Ensure M&LBS knowledge capture and sharing by documenting team projects, processes, data sets, and lessons learned in the agency’s knowledge-sharing platform, and by coordinating cross-divisional training on M&LBS supported data and software.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Geography or a related technical field is preferred.
Formal training in geographic information systems, systems analysis, database design and programming is preferred.
A minimum of four (4) years total credited experience.*
Four (4) years of training and experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems are required.
Four (4) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in project management, statistics, business analysis, relational databases, SQL, or other analytical and management work is preferred.
Certification as a PMP (Project Management Professional) is preferred.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the “credited experience”. hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the “credited experience”.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA
Grade 16, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review (please include: Cover Letter and Resume)
2. Panel Interview
3. Criminal Background Check/ Reference Check
Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans’ preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays’ notice prior to the need for accommodation.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
As applied to the workplace, applicants and employees must be qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions may include required job functions performed infrequently as well as production standards related to the quality and quantity of work.
If a person with a disability could meet job qualifications with a reasonable accommodation, TriMet will work with the employee to accommodate the need. If TriMet’s accommodation is effective in allowing the employee to perform the essential functions of the job, it need not be the employee’s preferred accommodation.
4012 SE 17th Ave., Portland, OR 97202 · 503-962-7640 · trimet.org/careers
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.