Join our Information Technology team as a Project Manager!
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a major project to modernize TriMet’s asset management and maintenance management systems!
The IT Project Manager (PM) supports the successful execution of information technology projects. The PM leads projects through the entire lifecycle and tracks and ensures adherence to quality, scope, schedule, and budget objectives. They produce timely, accurate, and effective reports, identify and appropriately document emerging risks and issues, and adhere to industry best practices in technology and project management standards.
This is a limited-term position with an end date of June 30, 2027.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
Serve as a good steward of TriMet by regularly utilizing our transit system to maintain a strong and current understanding of customers’ experiences and of TriMet’s product and service offerings.
Salary Range: $114,749.00- $172,125.00
1. Performs project management services for technology projects. Develops and manages the execution of comprehensive project plans. Ensures appropriate controls are in place to manage quality, scope, budget, and schedule from project initiation through close-out.
2. Ensures key elements of project charter (including objectives, scope, success metrics and expected benefits) are clearly defined and agreed to prior to project launch.
3. Creates and manages project plans and documentation including scope, schedule, budget, resource management, change management, testing, transition to operations, and sustainable support.
4. Maintains project risk and issue registries and ensures that risks and issues are appropriately identified and addressed.
5. Monitors and reports on project progress and status. Creates routine and ad-hoc reports and raises critical issues as appropriate..
6. Initiates and tracks changes during project lifecycle. Responsible for negotiating changes with key stakeholders and contractors. Prepares reports and supporting documentation for all project scope and cost changes.
7. Oversees and coordinates the work of consultants and other support staff as required for specific assignments, including drafting and managing scopes of work. Assists with the procurement and administration of consultant and vendor services.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Information Systems is preferred.
A minimum of six (6) years total credited experience*.
Five (5) years of progressive responsibility in an IT project management environment are required.
Two years of lead or project management experience are required.
PMP (Project Management Professional) certification obtained within one (1) year of hire is required.
An Agile Certification obtained within one (1) year of hire is preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the “credited experience”.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA
Grade 18, Exempt, Non-Union, Limited Term with end date of June 30, 2027.
Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review (please include: Cover Letter and Resume)
2. Panel Interviews
3. Reference Check
Salary offers will be determined by a candidate’s education, training and relevant experience. Any final offer of employment will fall within the range stated above. For transparency, we choose to list the full available grade range, however, TriMet’s salary administration process will ultimately determine the final salary offered.
Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans’ preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays’ notice prior to the need for accommodation.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
As applied to the workplace, applicants and employees must be qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions may include required job functions performed infrequently as well as production standards related to the quality and quantity of work.
If a person with a disability could meet job qualifications with a reasonable accommodation, TriMet will work with the employee to accommodate the need. If TriMet’s accommodation is effective in allowing the employee to perform the essential functions of the job, it need not be the employee’s preferred accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.