Sound Equine Options
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: $55,000 annually
Benefits: Healthcare, PTO
Location: Gresham, OR
Work Condition: Mostly remote with some requirements to attend on-site meetings. Candidates can be located anywhere in Oregon if they can attend on-site meetings periodically and connect with donors in person.
Sound Equine Options (SEO) was founded in 2009 to assist the growing number of neglected and abused horses in our community. Our mission is to save the lives of horses through support, education, rehabilitation, training, and adoption.
A licensed rescue focusing on ending the cycle of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and suffering for local horses, SEO assists with law enforcement cases, often in partnership with the Oregon Humane Society.
Although Oregon leads the nation in animal welfare legislation, it lacks the resources to address the increasing numbers of unwanted horses in our area. By caring for abused, neglected, and abandoned horses, SEO fills a great need not met by local, state, or federal government.
SEO is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that exists solely on private donations, small grants, and fundraising. The cost to save the life of one horse, including the veterinary care, rehabilitation, and training necessary to find it a suitable, permanent home, averages more than $2,500.
About the Position:
Sound Equine Options is looking for a Development Manager to support the Executive Director in overseeing all organizational fundraising. The manager will focus on personal solicitations to increase both annual gift income and the number of donors who contribute. Additional activities will include developing and implementing a strong stewardship and cultivation plan, management of marketing/communication materials, and other donor engagement activities.
- Coordinate a fund development work plan to achieve fundraising goals including performance metrics, evaluation, and reporting
- Implement annual fundraising activities with a particular focus on individual giving
- Coordinate annual giving solicitations to maximize giving, participation, and renewal rates and manage and support volunteers in their efforts to support fundraising
- Develop and execute stewardship plan for SEO donors
- Produce annual appeals, donor communications, and other fundraising campaigns
- Support leadership in fundraising efforts to achieve strategic goals and meet organizational needs
- Maintain accurate donor information in the database and report on donor trends
- Research and draft grants and contracts to pursue funds from public and private sources
- Manage online communications including website, social media, peer-to-peer, etc. with staff support.
- Assist with coordinating with partners to further the organization’s mission
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of experience in annual fundraising, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with donor databases (Donor Perfect preferred)
- Strong technological skills
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Success in communicating with stakeholders (co-workers, donors, community members, etc)
- Experience in logistics of events and annual fund campaigns preferred
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Able to multi-task with efficiency