Project Access Now
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 40 hours per week / full-time / exempt
Work Location: Hybrid remote and office location
Benefits: PTO, Health Insurance, 401K, etc. See more detail at the end of announcement
The mission of Project Access NOW (PANOW) is to improve our community’s health and well-being by creating access to care, services, and resources for those in need. Through partnerships with major health systems, community clinics and social service entities, PANOW acts as a “safety net to the safety net” by increasing access to health care and social resources for those made vulnerable. PANOW serves 20,000 Oregonians annually.
The Vice President of Operations (VPO), reporting to the Executive Director, is responsible for providing the day-to-day leadership, oversight and decision-making for all internal operations, policies, and structures. The VPO directly supervises three (3) positions including two (2) directors and an administrator. This position will lead the implementation of PANOW’s strategic plan, programmatic initiatives, team collaboration, operational oversight, as well as culture and change management.
The VPO partners with the Executive Director to share responsibility for the overall development, internal health, and structure of the organization. This position will build a track record of success by working alongside the Executive and Leadership Teams to deepen the organization’s impact, ensure a pipeline of talented and diverse staff, and exhibit strong and proactive leadership skills.
With PANOW growing quickly, and undergoing a multi-year strategic plan, this role will be a crucial steward of the organization’s culture and values, integral to balancing culture and guiding internal expansion at the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Program Operational Leadership
- Provide oversight and decision making for all internal operations, policies, and structures
- Monitor and predict, ensuring programs have adequate operational resources, staffing and reporting structures to function effectively and meet changing healthcare landscape and funding opportunities
- Supervise key senior staff and administrative teams ensuring optimal performance, professional development, and evaluation processes
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the agency.
- Communicate organization’s vision and key initiatives, updates and needs between staff and leadership teams
- In partnership with the VP of Finance, co-develop agency and programmatic budgets
- Develop a comprehensive, inclusive, strategic plan and growth strategy by collaborating with President, Senior Management, and the Board of Directors
Employee Engagement & Talent Development
- Assess organizational needs and drive comprehensive solutions in areas such as hiring, retention, performance management, and staff development
- Coach and counsel managers and all staff on organizational matters, performance issues, and conflict management
- Support internal equity and organizational culture workgroups ensure staff have the resources and training needed to execute their duties
- Creates and executes regular processes (surveys, 1:1s, focus group sessions, etc.) to actively listen to employees at all levels, to be visible, and to support a culture of positive employee engagement and trust
- Engage in staff advocacy and support around organizational needs and conflict
Organizational Culture & Administrative
- Set the vision for a dynamic and healthy team culture of community and inclusion
- Motivate and lead teams to invoke passion about PANOW and its mission, fostering an environment of continuous improvement in a hybrid office environment
- Regularly and effectively communicates across all levels of employees to support a culture of communication and transparency
- Work closely with a contracted HR firm and Director of Programs to:Provide guidance and assistance in managing administrative duties
- Ensure oversight and legal compliance with human resource laws and regulations
- Assist with disciplinary processes and the termination of employees
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
Leadership & Technical Competencies
- At least 7+ years progressive experience in senior management roles with increasing levels of responsibility and management of staff to build and scale teams
- 3+ years experience in nonprofit or government agency settings involved in the healthcare industry
- 3+ years experience in developing strategic alternatives with cross functional implications and financial impact
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- High competency leading organizational change and helping others adjust to a constantly changing environment of high expectations
- Exceptional leadership, communication (oral and written) and management skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, and virtual meeting platforms
Demonstrated Track Record of Success
- Providing mentorship to managers and employees across a wide spectrum of HR, performance, and talent management issues
- Experience building strong relationships and collaboration within and across team obtain successful organizational outcomes and move projects forward
- Demonstrated cultural responsiveness and success working effectively with diverse populations
Additional Desired Skills & Abilities
- Advanced degree preferred
- Bilingual and multicultural staff highly desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to respond to crisis situations in a calm professional manner
- High level and excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Shares the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- High level of accountability and reliability
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or qualifying exception with compliance to organizational policies
- Hybrid work environment: Temporarily working (%) remotely and (%) in the office
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk
- Frequent use of keyboard, 2 monitors, mouse, telephone and/or headset
- Project Access Now provides equipment: laptop, monitors, and other home office work tools
- Pass a background check
- 100% employer-paid health insurance plan including: medical, dental, vision, acupuncture, and massage
- 401k Retirement Plan with immediate access to a 3% employer match
- 10 paid holidays and 4 paid floating holidays
- 17 days PTO for sick leave, personal business, vacation – your first year – begins to accrue immediately upon hire
- 100% employer-paid Life and Disability Insurance and an Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.
HOW TO APPLY
Nonprofit Professionals Now is pleased to work Project Access Now in the effort to fill the vital role of Vice President of Operations.
All applications must contain a resume and cover letter. Once materials are submitted, NPN staff will review as part of the hiring process.
Application Deadline: September 6, 2022
PANOW provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws.