Website Clark College
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, exempt Network Infrastructure Manager position in the Information Technology (IT) department. Reporting directly to the CIO, the Network Infrastructure Manager’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of network systems to ensure the stable operation of the College’s IT assets.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network infrastructure staff.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
- Establish and maintain service level agreements (SLA) with end-users.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- In coordination with the information security team, assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure the effectiveness of servers, backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, telecom/data cabling, and associated infrastructure.
- Manage and ensure the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communication with college stakeholders, departments heads, and end-users regarding pertinent network changes.
- Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Guide student workers and full-time members of the team.
- Maintain maximum uptime and availability for all infrastructure-related services within SLA.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field AND four (4) years of related experience in the Networking space. Year-for-year equivalent related experience and/or educational levels will be considered.
- Must possess one or more of the following relevant Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCNP, Datacenter, JNCP, Microsoft Enterprise Expert, O365 Admin, Azure.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Vaccination requirement: Per Washington State Proclamation 21-14.1: college employees must be fully vaccinated. Your COVID-19 vaccine status must be validated by the Human Resources office prior to the commencement of work. Requesting a disability or religious exemption would be done through the Human Resources office.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A healthy work/life balance for our employees with the opportunity for flexible work schedules and remote work depending on position and college needs.
- McClaskey Culinary Institute offers fast, fresh, and healthy dining options for students, faculty, staff, and the community. The space, located in Gaiser Hall, features three kiosks, a full-service retail bakery and barista bar, grab-and-go items, and a student-run restaurant.
- Coffee Lounge in Hannah Hall and Clark Café in Joan Stout Hall.
- Campus bookstore offers snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies.
- On-campus childcare.
- Gym and recreation facilities.
- Clark promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events
STARTING SALARY: $95,479 annually (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references listed
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., August 11, 2022.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community.
The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, email@example.com, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Clark College Human Resources
July 20, 2022