Website Clark College
Are you passionate about Culinary, and Cuisine Management and supporting student learning? Can you collaborate with faculty to ensure a welcoming and supportive environment with students of diverse multicultural, socioeconomic and academic backgrounds? If these questions resonate with you, then we invite you to consider joining our Cuisine Management team as an Instructional & Classroom Support Technician 2.
Clark College is currently accepting applications a classified Instructional & Classroom Support Technician 2. This is This is an 80%-time classified, 10 month cyclic position, working 32 hours per week while classes are in session (summer, fall, winter and spring) with time off over the quarter breaks. Classes generally run Monday – Thursday.
Instructional & Classroom Support Technicians provide various instructional, classroom, and laboratory support including academic and vocational instructional programs and extension of educational activities. Duties typically include assisting in the individual or group instruction of students in development of learning skills; and working with the faculty or instructors in preparing instructional lessons, teaching aids, materials and equipment associated with kitchen, or laboratory instruction which requires positions to have technical knowledge of the disciplines(s). This position is expected to support the institutional mission and goals, foremost being diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success and retention.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepare equipment and materials for lab and classwork projects for all areas of the curriculum.
- Assist instructor with lecture and lab, may teach lecture or lab in absence of faculty for all areas of the curriculum.
- Assist and advise students in a variety of lab assignments and subject matter covered within the curriculum.
- Monitor student labs for approved safety and sanitation practices.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs on equipment, instructs students and staff in use of equipment.
- Collaborate with College run food operation to ensure student food production is leveraged according to faculty direction.
- Orders equipment and supplies for courses and maintains adequate stock levels.
- May direct work of part time employees to ensure department goals are attained.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Five (5) years or more of culinary/hospitality industry experience.
- Familiarity in all areas of cooking, standard kitchen equipment use and maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory of culinary supplies.
- Current WA State food handler’s card or ability to obtain.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to assume leadership of a team.
- Vaccination requirement: Per Washington State Proclamation 21-14.1: college employees must be fully vaccinated. Your COVID-19 vaccine status must be validated by the Human Resources office prior to the commencement of work. Requesting a disability or religious exemption would be done through the Human Resources office.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Salary/Benefits: Starting Salary: $2,846/month (80% of $3,558) Range: 44 Code: 00255N
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Application Deadline: Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., August 8, 2022.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references listed
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or email@example.com. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 8, 2022 (updated)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org